Re: strip dynamics for Piano music

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: strip dynamics for Piano music
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2014 01:14:21 +0100

Am 02.01.2014 11:39, schrieb Valentin Villenave:
> On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 2:40 PM, Noeck <address@hidden> wrote:
>> is it possible somehow, to split contents of a music expression into
>> two? I am asking for a piano staff which I would enter as follows:
>> upper = { a4\f g f e\p }
>> lower = { a,1 }
>
> Greetings,
> sorry for answering so late but this message had been caught in my spam
> filter!
>
> What you’re describing is actually exactly what I do in my own scores:
> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/opus-libre.git/tree/lib/libdynamics.scm#n22
>
> However, all dynamics that have an explicit direction will be ignored
> (c^\f, c-\f or c_\f), which allows you to keep the ability of
> attaching some dynamics to one of the staves whenever you need to.

Hi Valentin,

That is exactly the thing I wanted to achieve with this functionality.
Thanks for your answer! I will check it out and test it (with all the
caveats in mind that you mention).

When I asked, I thought that this could be a very clever and helpful
functionality - on the other hand it could have some pitfalls and it
could be less robust than explicit input. You seem to confirm both. I
will know more after using it.

Thanks again,
Joram