Re: Weirdness With Fonts and Font Tree Snippet

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Weirdness With Fonts and Font Tree Snippet
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2014 02:22:58 +0000

On 1/2/14 10:51 AM, "Joshua Nichols" <address@hidden> wrote:

>Thanks for your response Carl,
>>Is the font installed at the
>>User level or at the Computer level?
>

>I think it is both. I installed a "user font" (that was from the source)
>and that appeared on the user level... but the system had a font called
>"Linux Libertine G" which is native to LibreOffice (the WYSIWYG I use for
>docs).

I've never tried using different fonts in LilyPond, but in R, there are
problems with using a font that is defined both at the computer level and
the user level.  Native Mac applications seem to work just fine, but at
least R (a linux-style application) has problems when a font is multiply
defined.

IIRC, FontBook will show you that problem if you look at your fonts in
FontBook.

I'd recommend that you remove the user font (you can always add it back)
and see if that fixes anything.

HTH,

Carl S.