Re: Learning LilyPond, comments invited

From: Colin Tennyson
Subject: Re: Learning LilyPond, comments invited
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2014 03:46:34 -0800 (PST)

David Kastrup wrote
> Take, for example, the output of
>
> addKey = { \key g \major  \time 4/4 }
> staffOneNotes = { \grace { d'16 g' b' } d''8 8 8 8 fis'8 8 g'4 }
>
> \score {
>   \new StaffGroup <<
>     \new Staff \new Voice = "staffOne" << \addKey \staffOneNotes >>
>     \new Staff \new Voice = "staffOne" { \addKey \staffOneNotes }
>   >>
> }
>

> Also, if you have something like
>
> \new StaffGroup
> {
>    << \key c\major { c' c' c' c' } >>
> }
>
> you'll likely be surprised by the results...

Given these concerns the following templates in the documentation need to be
updated:
http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/learning/satb-on-four-staves

The template uses the ill advised << ... >> grouping

This is just one of the templates, presumably _all_ the vocal ensenble
templates are using  << ... >>

How many different versions of the documentation do you keep?
I'm mostly encountering v2.16 and v2.17, but sometimes a google search gives
me a result in v2.14

(For google searches in the lilypond documentation I generally add the
following specifiation in the Google search bar:
site:lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/)