Re: Another time model (related to the usability thread)

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Another time model (related to the usability thread)
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2014 09:52:54 -0500

Hi Keith,

> I think the automatic-rest-length idea will be easier to use if it is
> independent of \pushToTag.

Yes, sorry, I misspoke: I didn’t mean to LITERALLY extend \pushToTag. I simply
meant that, to the user, it appears that \pushToTag puts music at a certain tag
point only, whereas your function puts music at a certain tag point **and fills
the rests in “behind” it**, so in that sense it is [to the user’s mind] an
“extension” of \pushToTag.

Regardless of how this functionality gets implemented, it will be very welcome!
That being said, I do hope we get several opinions on the matter, so that we
end up with the most intuitive, flexible, and robust implementation.

Thanks,
Kieren.