Re: problem with the spacing of microtonal accidentals

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: problem with the spacing of microtonal accidentals
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2014 07:36:14 +0000 (UTC)

Stefan Thomas <kontrapunktstefan <at> gmail.com> writes:

> It uses the true type font HE for special microtonal accidentals.I've
found  this font somewhere in the web.
> Unfortunately the accidentals are too close to the notes.
> How can I give them more space?
> I tried everything.
> When I compile the file, I get the error messages like
this:Mikrotoene_kurzbeispiel.ly:69:4: warning: Could not find glyph-name for
alteration 1/6ch    chh

> Which is strange, because lilypond shows the correct accidentals.

The function that the Accidental's 'stencil points to by default does
the job of deciding whether to remove the accidental (if it is the second
note in a tie, and not at a line-break).  We (at least I) happen to be
considering to change this, as issue 3749.

This unusual action for a 'stencil has caused all the layout code
to avoid using the 'stencil property, and to go directly to the code
that looks up the accidentals in 'glyph-name-alist.

Specifically, the function that 'horizontal-skylines points to by default
tries to use the glyph-name-alist, so you will need to replace that.
Maybe setting it to #'() will work.

Probably you intend to combine accidentals in a string.  If not for that,
you could write their letter names 'm' 'p' etc. in the glyph-name-alist.