Re: svg output differs from pdf output

From: Alex Loomis
Subject: Re: svg output differs from pdf output
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2014 08:30:10 -0500

There also seems to be something wring with the ledger lines in the pdf.

On Jan 4, 2014, at 5:50 PM, bart deruyter <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi all,

I ran a little test, because I often use svg as output to manipulate afterwards.
I noticed there seems to be a difference between the pdf and svg output.
To illustrate it, I've made a screenshot. Lilypond 2.18.0 was used, frescobaldi 2.0.12 on Ubuntustudio 13.10 and on KDE. Look at the metronome mark, there is a collision of the fingering notation and the metronome mark, which is much lower then in the pdf output.
(above pdf view, below, svg view)

I've opened it in inkscape, the difference is not caused by the frescobaldi svg viewer, the metronome mark is off in inkscape too, so I guess this must be a bug. I thought I'd better check on the mailing list first, to see if others have the same issue.

So far it seems to be only the metronome mark that is off, but having a difference does mean I'd have to check the entire score for more inconsistencies if I want to use the svg-file.

grtz,

Bart

<snapshot1.jpg>