Re: Survey: Git (G)UIs

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: Survey: Git (G)UIs
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 14:31:20 +0100

Hi Urs,

I use git on the commandline. As gitk is installed everywhere I use git,
I use gitk --all to see the current branching situation.

So, git (commandline) for all commands and gitk (GUI) for visualization
of the branches. With a few exceptions:
- cherry-pick
- reset --hard
- and very rarely for the creation of a new branch
for those, I mostly use gitk (right click menu)

This has some historic reasons (availability of gitk, collegues...), but
it is consistent: commands/actions on the commandline and branches as a
visual image.

Cheers,
Joram