Re: Survey: Git (G)UIs

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: Survey: Git (G)UIs
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 17:40:04 -0800 (PST)

Urs Liska wrote
> Do you use the command line exclusively, or a GUI (which one(s))?
> Or a GUI for certain tasks and the command line for others?
>
> I'd be particularly interested in reports of successful or failed
> attempts to learn Git by starting with a GUI tool.

At this point I tend to use the command line, but as I was first learning
github's gui app did help me get started and get a feel for how it all
works.  But it's really too simple to be of use beyond the very basics.  (I
also looked at SourceTree early on and it looked pretty good, but more than
I needed at that point.)

This basic tutorial was really helpful for me starting out:
http://try.github.io

-Paul