Re: Automatic Fretboards for chords only?

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Automatic Fretboards for chords only?
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 01:58:38 +0000

On 1/6/14 4:31 PM, "vigrond" <address@hidden> wrote:

>Hi, I was wondering if there was a Fretboards setting that made it only
>show
>on chords, and not single notes?
>
>IE, show Fretboard on >1 notes only

Not that I know of. If no predefined fretboard is available, one will be
calculated.

I suppose that we could add a context property to FretBoards, something
like calculateUndefinedDiagrams that would have a default value of #t.  If
it were set to #f, no FretBoard would be calculated.  It would then be the
user's responsibility to predefine all of the desired fretboards.

With more work, it might be possible to write an engraver that would only
try to calculate a fretboard when an EventChord had more than one note.

I don't think that either of these have a broad enough application that
I'd be really interested in doing them.

I suspect (but I don't know for certain) that the Multiple_note_fretboard
engraver could be written as a scheme engraver and could replace the
Fretboard engraver in the FretBoards context.

HTH,

Carl