Re: multi-column markup function/macro?

From: Jan-Peter Voigt
Subject: Re: multi-column markup function/macro?
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2014 08:05:41 +0100

Hi Kieren,

I usually use [xe]latex, to produce the text needed for a preface or
foreword. That way I can use latex input with its own commands - in this
case: \twocolumn - and use hyphenation.
It is integrated in https://github.com/jpvoigt/lalily (latex.scm,
latex-init.scm). If you are interested, I would extract it.
https://github.com/openlilylib/snippets might be a good place for it ...

If you want format a markup-list - this is, what you are asking for - I
would recommend a markup-list-command. To make the n-column-markup-list
work correctly, you have to extract the available paper-height. I am
doing it in the mentioned xelatex-include command, but it often warns
about overflows of a few points - I can live with that, because the
overflow is minor, but it seems not to be trivial.
If you have the printable paper-height, you can build markups per page.

Best, Jan-Peter