Re: [Frescobaldi] Frescobaldi musicxml export

From: Peter Bjuhr
Subject: Re: [Frescobaldi] Frescobaldi musicxml export
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2014 11:34:07 +0100

Hi Martin,

thanks for the report. It's very good for the development with some feedback!

On 01/08/2014 08:49 AM, Martin Tarenskeen wrote:

Frescobaldi's musicxml export is still in an early stage of development so I will not try to mail a list with all things that fail or don't work yet. But I do want to report two little things.

1. It does not seem to know that Lilypond uses a default of 4/4 when no timesignature is given.

% minimal example
\version "2.18.0"
{c'}
% gives an error when trying to export musicxml

% minimal example
\version "2.18.0"
{\time 4/4 c'}
% works correctly

The export does set 4/4 (and treble clef) as default, and your example works when I try it on the latest development version of Frescobaldi.

2. It does not interpret the new \relative syntax correctly

% minimal example
\version "2.18.0"
\relative {\time 4/4 d' e f g}
% gives VERY strange musicxml export result. Try it: export as musicxml, % import the result, and you will see what I mean

Yes, the export is behind on this and some other 2.18 syntax (e g \tuplet). I'll try to update this soon!

Best
Peter