Re: Engraving challenges

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Engraving challenges
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2014 16:06:46 +0100

Am 08.01.2014 16:02, schrieb Alex Loomis:
Another vote for this. It would also make logistics easier.

OK, it's a good idea. We can have any number of parallel approaches of course.

Just one thing: I think peer review is a _very_ valuable tool when it comes to editing music. It may be different when you are composing and providing your own music as material. But when you have to prepare an edition of existing music proof-reading is essential and can only be done by different people. I was told that in the formalized workflow at Henle there is the preparation of the "engraver's copy" by the editor, then comes the typesetting, and finally no less than six rounds of proof-reading.

I find it interesting to explore how this can be done with different tools. Although this may be extremely biased because I'm so sure that text based tools are infinitely more suitable for such tasks ;-)

Urs

On Jan 8, 2014, at 6:48 AM, Simon Bailey <address@hidden