Re: panning in timidity wrong

From: karl
Subject: Re: panning in timidity wrong
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 16:55:02 +0100 (CET)

Martin:
> On Thu, 9 Jan 2014, address@hidden wrote:
[ ly file with 3 midiPanPositions ]
> > (midiPanPosition is documented in the internals doc, under
> > 2.2.72 Midi control function performer)
> >
> > The midi file looks good, but when I run it through timidity
> > \ma sound in the middle, \mb and \mc to the right. Commenting away
> > the midiInstrument, the panning comes out as it should.
> >
> > Has anyone experienced this, can anyone recommend another midiplayer?
> I tried your example with Timidity++ on Fedora 20 and it sounds OK here:
> Left -> Center -> Right
>
> To suggest alternative MIDI players we need to know what OS you are using?

Debian

> Just a wild guess: have you tried using another Soundfont/Patchset?

Seems to work with freepats but not fluidr3_gm (the _gs doesn't
contain that instrument), this is my timidity.cfg:

source /etc/timidity/freepats.cfg
#source /etc/timidity/fluidr3_gm.cfg
#source /etc/timidity/fluidr3_gs.cfg

In his next mail:
> One more thing you could try: what happens if you choose another
> Instrument instead of commenting them away?

For fluidr3_gm, Ok for 50 instruments (lcr), 40 fails (ccr or crr).

Semms I'm using freepats in the future, thanks.

Regards,
/Karl Hammar

Aspö Data
Lilla Aspö 148