Re: MEI

From: Philip Rhoades
Subject: Re: MEI
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 18:41:24 +1100

Kevin,

On 2014-01-11 17:40, Kevin Tough wrote:
From a Fringe Coder,

I like Vim (text editor).

The choice of champions!

I like to code with minimal but descriptive
syntax(ie. Visual Basic).

Basic will cause brain damage - try Ruby!

XML code for web-applications I find bloated
and working with it is ugly.

Definitely, it would be nice if there were a JSON option but I guess that is not likely to happen . .

If MusicXML is guided by the right people
and does become/is a definitive standard that can support the keywords
and other particulars of lilypond code, then this might be a great
opportunity for the lilypond community.

I hope so.

From a very satisfied lilypond user, go lilypond go!

+1