Re: shapeII strange behaviour

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: shapeII strange behaviour
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 09:59:46 +0100

Hi,

2014/1/9 Simon Bailey <address@hidden>:
> hi all,
>
> when running the following file (sorry, this is as minimal as i can get it):
>
> <<<
> \version "2.18.0"
> \language "deutsch"
> \include "openlilylib/notation-snippets/shaping-bezier-curves/shapeII.ily"
>
> \relative c' {
> \time 4/4
> e1 | \break
> a8 h ~ h8 cis8
> \shapeII #'((h)(0 . 1.5)(ap 85 1)(h)) Slur
> \tuplet 3/2 8 { e16( f f,) e'( f f,) }
> \shapeII #'(()) Slur
> e'8( f)\! |
> fis1
> }
>>>>

> i get the attached weird slur on the second tuplet group. removing the
> "\break" gives me the output in the 2nd line.
>
> any ideas why this is happening? and why it is so inconsistent?

First of all, thanks for the report and sorry for delay!  It seems
that this is related to
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2013-11/msg00839.html
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2013-11/msg00290.html

I'm afraid that this is too complicated for me to fix now.  I hope to
see into it in the future, but i don't know when it may happen.
Anyway - thanks for the report, this should help me find a solution.

If you find similar examples, please add them to
https://github.com/openlilylib/snippets/issues/24

thanks,
Janek