RE: grace notes and ledger lines

From: Gilberto Agostinho
Subject: RE: grace notes and ledger lines
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 12:33:28 -0800 (PST)

Hi Mark,

Mark Stephen Mrotek wrote
> Would reducing the duration of the graces, e.g., from 32 down to 16 (or
> even
> 8) look more to your liking?

Hmm, that is something that I am not willing to do either, I really think
that for the kind of notation I am using, the 32nd notes are the best
choice. But regardless of that, I think that LilyPond should be able to
adjust the grace notes to the ledger lines by itself.

Anyway, after some other tweaks, I came up with the following solution:

tweak.ly <http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n157842/tweak.ly>

Which outputs:

<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n157842/tweak.png>

And here is a close up of the differences:

<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n157842/tweak_close_up.png>

It is by no means perfect (I think it lacks some balance due to the
thickness of the beams of the grace notes in my view), but it looks much
easier to read in my opinion. I post it here so maybe someone who needs this
will find it.

Take care,
Gilberto