Re: (no subject)

From: jensgc
Subject: Re: (no subject)
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 04:49:47 -0800 (PST)

Simon Bailey-5 wrote
>> If I add the music from the topmost staff to a separate dynamics context
>> (placed above that staff), will dynamics context then be printed twice?
>
> yes, that's correct. the music is suppressed, but the dynamics will be
> shown. this is why i suggested using a global structure definition
> which you can include in all voices (very useful for orchestral music
> where you have to generate parts).

I have tried the dynamics approach now - and I do indeed get the dynamics of
the topmost voice printed twice (I used that voice to "fill" the dynamics
content).
I might be able to overwrite the "default" dynamics display of the topmost
voice - so that the dynamics displayed above the top staff is only the
content of the Dynamics - any idea if this will work?

The reason I don't like the idea of a global "structure" definition is that
I have the individual parts (e.g. the quartet and the choir parts) defined
in seperate files to be able to test and work with them independently.
Having the \time and \key definitions in a part that is "active" makes a lot
more sense to me compared to having them in an otherwise "empty" skeleton.

My current score definition is as follows: (\solosopran is one voice in the
\quartetSystem)

\score {
  <<
    \new Dynamics = "TopSpanner" { \solosopran }
    \quartetSystem
    \choirPart
    %\pianoReduction

  \layout {