Re: (no subject)

From: Simon Bailey
Subject: Re: (no subject)
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 15:22:24 +0100

hi kieren,

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 3:04 PM, Kieren MacMillan
<address@hidden> wrote:
>> In regards to tempo markings, it is a different matter, since any change in
>> tempo needs to apply to each and every voice in the system. It makes perfect
>> sense that the \tempo marking always goes to the System - I just don't
>> understand why it is much more difficult to give a ritardando or stringendo
>> the same behavior.
>
> It’s not… I do exactly this all the time.
> Simply put your ritardando or stringendo in the same global variable as your
> \tempo and \mark items.

he doesn't want to use a global structure variable:

<...SNIP...>

@ Jens:

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 1:49 PM, jensgc <address@hidden> wrote:
> I have tried the dynamics approach now - and I do indeed get the dynamics of
> the topmost voice printed twice (I used that voice to "fill" the dynamics
> content).
> I might be able to overwrite the "default" dynamics display of the topmost
> voice - so that the dynamics displayed above the top staff is only the
> content of the Dynamics - any idea if this will work?

you could use the following score definition:

%%% SNIP SNAP %%%
\score {
  <<
    \new Dynamics = "TopSpanner" \with {
      \remove "New_dynamic_engraver"
    } { \solosopran }
    \quartetSystem
    \choirPart
    %\pianoReduction

  \layout {
   \context {
      \Staff  \RemoveEmptyStaves
%%% SNAP SNIP %%%

removing the "New_dynamic_engraver" _should_ suppress the dynamics,
but still leave the following engravers alive:

- Axis_group_engraver
- Bar_engraver
- Dynamic_align_engraver
- Output_property_engraver
- Piano_pedal_engraver
- Script_engraver
- Text_engraver
- Text_spanner_engraver
- Tweak_engraver

Of course, you can remove any other of these ones you don't need, and
leave only the Text_spanner_engraver if you so desire.
(cf. http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/internals/dynamics ).

Regards,
sb

--
Do not meddle in the affairs of trombonists, for they are subtle and
quick to anger.