Re: (no subject)

From: Simon Bailey
Subject: Re: (no subject)
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 16:08:46 +0100

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 3:48 PM, jensgc <address@hidden> wrote:
> Kieren MacMillan wrote
>> It’s not… I do exactly this all the time.
>> Simply put your ritardando or stringendo in the same global variable as
>> your \tempo and \mark items.
>
> Hi. Not sure if you have seen my earlier posts - but I don't have my \tempo
> and \mark items in a global variable. I wrote the quartet part (starting at
> approx. bar 70) in a separate file, making proofreading and finetuning a lot
> quicker than the combined score. In the first part of the score (bars 1-70)

have you seen:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/skipping-corrected-music
?

> If there is a simple way of "blanking" all music from a voice, effectively
> replacing all content with full bar rests (while obeying the time signature
> in each bar), that could be a useful approach in my case. I moved the
> quartet to the desired spot (bar 70) by copying bars from more or less
> inactive voices and manually modifying them to be all rests. If there is a
> smarter way to accomplish this - either in Frescobaldi or directly in
> Lilypond - I'd be happy to learn it

there is probably some form of scheme voodoo out there which will do
this. i don't have time at the moment to dig though, but you could try
searching the list archives (also have a look at the lilypond-devel
archives) or LSR. maybe one of the scheme gurus will pipe in here as
well. :)

apart from that, i can only emphasize what kieren just posted: global
structure variables make your life a lot easier. :) i've been using
them for the past 10 years or so, the first thing i write in any new
lilypond file after "\version ..." is "global =" :)

regards,
sb
--
Do not meddle in the affairs of trombonists, for they are subtle and
quick to anger.