Re: nuancing and customizing midi rendering

From: Peter Bjuhr
Subject: Re: nuancing and customizing midi rendering
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 20:37:10 +0100

On 01/15/2014 08:28 PM, Bric wrote:
Please forgive me if this has been discussed and/or documented; I haven't found specifics yet.

Are there lilypond controls for things like staccato, accents, and other articulations/dynamics, with respect to midi output?

I noticed that the midi output is sensitive to the "\staccato" directive, for instance, trying alter the sound accordingly.

But can one finesse the \staccato, controlling the exact length of the note, in milliseconds or whatever the midi resolution allows?

also, any other similar ornamentations, and articulations one could control and customize in lily code ?  I realize the piano, forte, fortissimo, etc., are honored, and there is a minimum and maximum midivolume directive, which apparently would factor into crescendo's and diminuendo's... How/where do i find out more ?

Maybe this could be a good starting point!?
http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/what-goes-into-the-midi-output_003f

Take also a closer look at The Articulate script mentioned...

Best
Peter