Re: "Generative music" and "Algorithmic composition"

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: "Generative music" and "Algorithmic composition"
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 12:22:28 -0800 (PST)

SoundsFromSound wrote
> Paul, that is a great little bit of code! Thank you for sharing that...I'm
> going to play around with it later today. :)

Glad you like it, but David Kastrup gets the credit for it:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2014-01/msg00638.html

I just changed it from a set of 12 chromatic notes to those in C major and
added \transpose.  Maybe it's worth adding it to the LSR... hmmm... looks
like there's already a random note generator there:
http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=274

It generates notes in the current key from (middle) c' up to g''
Here it is after running convert-ly (from 2.14.0 to 2.18.0):

\version "2.18.0"
\score {
  {
    $(let ((random-state (seed->random-state (current-time))))
       (make-sequential-music
        (map (lambda (x)
               (let ((idx (random 12 random-state)))
                 (make-event-chord