Re: Experiences from voice handling wanted

From: Peter Bjuhr
Subject: Re: Experiences from voice handling wanted
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 11:14:14 +0100

Hi Gilberto!

On 01/16/2014 10:44 AM, Gilberto Agostinho wrote:
Hmm, something is wrong, the first chord of my code is not being shown (at
least here at Nabble)

Hmm, strange problem with pasting the code...

On 01/16/2014 10:36 AM, Gilberto Agostinho wrote:
When engraving music that has only occasionally two or more voices (such as
your example), I personally prefer to explicitly write all voices together
at once [...]

Thanks for sharing your preferred method! I think this normally is a good option in cases like this, and perhaps what most people would use.

In my present case I must import the music via musicxml2ly because it's a piece I wrote previously in Finale (which I'm now going to finish and engrave in LilyPond).

I think I'm going to use the method I sketched with partcombine and if there occasionally are more than two voices per staff I will fix it using your method in addition; but any other thoughts are very welcome!

Best
Peter