Re: how close are we to having an "addAt" or "insertAt" feature?

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: how close are we to having an "addAt" or "insertAt" feature?
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 05:34:44 -0500

Hi Jan-Peter,

> - if you use it without any template mechanism, you have to assign
> proper edition-engraver id-paths - I can't say, what that means in
> production.

I know you have a well-developed templating system… I wish I had time to look
at it.

> 2. I want to change the output in context A at measure X and moment Y

That sounds perfectly fine for my purposes: I manually build my score
templates, so I can name contexts appropriately.

> if this music is stored in variables
> and is used more than once, the modification will show up on all places
> this var is used. That might or might not be expected behaviour.

Ah! That might be undesireable, for sure.

> My intention with this engraver is, to modify the layout without
> tweaking the actual music source.

That’s certainly my goal as well: “perfect” separation of content from
presentation.

> This could be done with the edition-engraver I proposed:
>    \editionMod full 4 3/8 my.global.id.Score.A \once \override
> RehearsalMark.extra-offset #’(-1 . 0)
> if the Score context \consists \editionEngraver my.global.id

Sounds good. I’ll give it a try in a “real [Kieren] world score” and get back
to you.

Many thanks for all of this!
Kieren.