Re: "Generative music" and "Algorithmic composition"

From: Philip Rhoades
Subject: Re: "Generative music" and "Algorithmic composition"
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 23:02:27 +1100

David,

On 2014-01-16 22:42, David Kastrup wrote:
Philip Rhoades <address@hidden> writes:

David,

I get a GUILE error on line 5

  $(let

I don't.  Copy and paste error?

  $@(let

but that didn't work either (obviously I don't know what I'm doing
. .)

Obviously.  $ splices a single expression (which is what
make-sequential-music produces) into LilyPond, $@ splices a list of
expressions.

I recopied and pasted the whole snippet - which gives the same result
as right-click and save.

The original has:

  #(let . .

  http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=274

but I get a GUILE error on that too . .

I am not going to play guessing games as to what you copied and pasted
into what version of LilyPond with what exact error messages and/or
results.  As I stated, copying and pasting the original code posted in
this thread works just fine.

I just did a diff on what is in the LSR and what Paul posted in his email - the differences are:

- the LSR has a "#" instead of a "$" on the let

- the LSR has a line (and closing brace): (ly:export

=> the LSR fails, Paul's doesn't, (FTR I am using 2.18.0).

Regards,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades