Re: multi-column markup function/macro?

From: Alex Loomis
Subject: Re: multi-column markup function/macro?
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 12:45:26 -0500

With the split files there are still a ton of warnings, but it creates and displays the pdf.

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 2:55 AM, Jan-Peter Voigt <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Alex,

OK ... first note, I use this on my machine with Ubuntu 12.04 having
texlive(2012)-full installed and it does compile - but frescobaldi
doesn't recognize the produced PDF (it is not displayed).

I do also get a lot of Warnings from xelatex and from lilypond. The
TeX-warnings are a matter of the tex source, wich is produced inside the
markup-list-command, and lilypond complains about the EPS-files, which
are a little bit to large.
The Fontconfig warning might have to do with PATH settings. I included

    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=\"\"

before the command is executed, so that lilyponds libraries do not
interfere with the ones loaded by xelatex.

So my question would be: Did the compilation of this file produce a PDF,
which is simply not "found" by frescobaldi? Or did it actually fail?

The idea is, that guile scheme can run commands with

    (system "cmd")

If that command produces an EPS file, it can be included as an
eps-stencil (line 177). If it produces a PDF file, that can be split
into one EPS per page with "pdftops -eps" (lines 183-193).
The tex-source is wrapped and written to a file
"xelatex-<YYYYMMDDhhmmss>.tex" in lines 160-175.
Here it is split into two files, so that the example does show up in
frescobaldi. I removed the deletion of the xelatex-* working files, so
you can start xelatex without lilypond and see, if there are errors on
the shell.

Cheers, Jan-Peter