Re: Updating Snippets in the LSR when versions are updated

From: Philip Rhoades
Subject: Re: Updating Snippets in the LSR when versions are updated
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 13:43:24 +1100

Phil,

On 2014-01-17 03:05, Phil Holmes wrote:
----- Original Message ----- From: "Philip Rhoades" <address@hidden>
To: "Lilypond User" <address@hidden>
Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2014 3:47 PM

People,

After being bitten (unnecessarily) by old code in the LSR and having a continuing argument with David about how it came about - I have to ask - is there any reason why all the snippets in the LSR can't be automatically updated when a new version is introduced? Surely this would not be hard to do? If the Guile syntax is changing so often, what is the point of keeping old code in the LSR? It is fair enough to tell people that they have to convert THEIR OWN code but the people who run the LSR, repo should be responsible for keeping that up to date . .

If there is an argument for keeping a snippet in it's original form because of historical significance or something - an archive could be kept of it.

Just my 2c . .

Regards,

Phil.
-- Philip Rhoades

We would need to be able to contact the maintainer of the LSR and get
him to update it.  At present, we can't :-(

I haven't been here long so I don't know what the significance is of that reply - shouldn't someone maintaining something as important as the LSR be contactable?

Regards,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades