Re: "Generative music" and "Algorithmic composition"

From: James Harkins
Subject: Re: "Generative music" and "Algorithmic composition"
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 13:05:03 +0000 (UTC)

Philip Rhoades <phil <at> pricom.com.au> writes:

> People,
>
> David took this discussion off-list and then accused me of not having
> the guts to respond on-list . .

In an ideal world, I'd suppose that if one needs to preface an email with
grade-school playground ethics, one *might* take that as a sign that it's time
to walk away.

At this point, I don't care who said what to whom, or who started it, or even
who is right. Both of you, cool it. This will go on forever if neither of you
is willing to take the high road first.

> Now if you can't admit those, then (now that we are off the list) what
> this argument has been about is: "dick-swinging"

Oh, it's already little more than that. I can think of a few websites where
I'd go to watch that. The LilyPond mailing list is not high on that list.

hjh