Re: Updating Snippets in the LSR when versions are updated

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Updating Snippets in the LSR when versions are updated
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 14:53:34 +0100

Gonçalo Nogueira <address@hidden> writes:

> Would it be possible to scrape the LSR for all the snippets and maintain
> them as an official repository?

<URL:http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/snippets/>

But obviously this does not (for now) offer public entry and not the
same amount of indexing/search.

On the plus side, snippets are guaranteed to compile for the respective
version (not necessarily to do what they are intended for, though), and
you can get them for various different versions of LilyPond, including
current versions.

We have a regular import mechanism from the LSR (requiring manual work
but described and performed reasonably well).  I don't think we reexport
to the LSR, and the versioning (which until recently always indicated a
version newer than what the LSR showed) would make that difficult.

--
David Kastrup