Large gap in text.

From: Hwaen Ch'uqi
Subject: Large gap in text.
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 22:30:15 -0500

Greetings All,
     I am nearing the end of preparations for my first
LilyPond-generated publication. My problem lies in the prefatory
matter. I have trimmed the code as lean as possible and have attached
both .ly and .pdf files. As you will see, a highly undesired page
break occurs, leaving a great amount of unused vertical space on page
1. However, if I will remove the code for page 3, pages 1 and 2 will
compile as expected. Is it possible that I have a misunderstanding
regarding \markuplist or \vspace? Can anyone advise me? The matter is
now somewhat time-sensitive.
     Thank you so much.
Hwaen Ch'uqi