Re: Off-topic: Automatically create rehearsal files from SATB midi file

From: Johan Vromans
Subject: Re: Off-topic: Automatically create rehearsal files from SATB midi file
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 16:18:01 +0100

Speldosa <address@hidden> writes:

> Anyhow, I'm using LilyPond to output midi files of my SATB arrangements.
> Now, I want to create individual mp3 rehearsal files for each voice. That
> is, for sopranos, I want a file that is mixed so that the soprano part is
> the loudest, for the altos I want the alto part to be the loudest, and so
> on.

I wrote (and still use) a tool that does (almost) exactly that.

It reads a MIDI with chords and voices, and outputs a separate MIDI for
each voice, with the accompagniment mixed in at a lower volume. It does
not mix in the other voices although that's a small change.

It requires predefined names for the individual voices, but that can be
adapted easily.

Let me know if you're interested, I'm more than happy to share.

-- Johan