Re: bar-check warning when generating rehearsal midi soprano, alto, teno

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: bar-check warning when generating rehearsal midi soprano, alto, tenor etc
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 09:47:03 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Kastrup" <address@hidden>
To: "MING TSANG" <address@hidden>
Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2014 2:15 AM

MING TSANG <address@hidden> writes:

When compile the .ly there is no warning or error in the log file:
Starting lilypond-windows.exe 2.19.0 [test-midi.ly]...
Processing `C:/Users/Tsang/Dropbox/CHOIR/the-rock/test-midi.ly'
Parsing...
Interpreting music...[8][16][24][32]
Preprocessing graphical objects...
Interpreting music...
MIDI output to `test-midi.mid'...
Finding the ideal number of pages...
Fitting music on 3 or 4 pages...
Drawing systems...
Layout output to `test-midi.ps'...
Converting to `./test-midi.pdf'...
Success: compilation successfully completed
Completed successfully in 7.4".

but when I added rehearsal midi generation, I got warning bar-check error.
The rehearsal midi is adopted (generated) from Frescobaldi v2.0.13:
Starting lilypond-windows.exe 2.19.0 [test-midi.ly]...

If you replace all occurences of s1*0 with <> the problem might go away.
And one cannot help but notice that you don't seem fond of the space
bar.

I get a further warning:

D:/Music/LilyPondDev/BugSquad/test-midi.ly:19:3: warning: trying to use \partial after the start of a piece

 \partial 4

So my guess is that it's not picking up the \partial command at the right time, and thus r4 R1*6 is a bar check error.

--
Phil Holmes