Weird behaviour of new NullVoice feature

From: Yann
Subject: Weird behaviour of new NullVoice feature
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2014 13:16:38 +0100

Hello all :)

I was trying the new NullVoice feature (hoping to solve the issue I described in http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2013-11/msg00810.html - but unfortunately I think my approach there is not good).

However, I discovered a weird behaviour using the following example :

\version "2.18.0"

\paper { ragged-right = ##f }

global = {

\key f \major

\time 4/4

}

melodie = \relative c' {

\global

g'4. g8 c,2 |

f4 g a bes |

a2 g |

}

alto = \relative c' {

\global

c4 bes c2 |

c4 e f f |

f2 f4( e) |

}

tenor = \relative c' {

\global

g4 f e2 |

f4 c' c bes |

c( b) c2 |

}

basse = \relative c {

\global

e4 d c( bes) |

a4 c f8( e) d4 |

c2 c |

}

refrain = \lyricmode {

Glo -- ri -- a __ in ex -- cel -- sis De -- o, __

}

choirPart = \new ChoirStaff <<

\new Staff \with {

} <<

\new Voice = "melodie" { \voiceOne \melodie }

\new Voice = "alto" { \voiceTwo \alto }

\new NullVoice = "aligner" \alto

\new Lyrics \lyricsto "aligner" \refrain

\new Staff \with {

} <<

\clef bass

\new Voice = "tenor" { \voiceOne \tenor }

\new Voice = "basse" { \voiceTwo \basse }

\book {

\score {

\choirPart

\layout { }

____

Unless I'm missing something, I think I should get the same result as if I were using \new Lyrics \lyricsto "alto" \refrain, but in the first measure, the Glo and ri are printed on the same note. The rest of the line looks ok though.

Is it a bug ?

Yann