Re: Producing a title page

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Producing a title page
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 14:18:49 +0100

David Sumbler <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thu, 2014-01-30 at 11:09 -0800, Mark Stephen Mrotek wrote:
>> David,
>>
>> Putting a "\pagebreak" after the first header and before the first score
>> seems to accomplish what you want.
>>
>> Mark
>
> Thanks for that - it seems to be one permutation I hadn't tried!
>
> I must confess that I find some aspects of LilyPond a little hard to
> fathom.  For instance, the order in which things need to be done is not
> always obvious, e.g. a \header section has to come after the music in a
> \score section, yet obviously the header is printed first.

<URL:http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=3727>, fixed
in 2.19.0.  Please note that many "hard to fathom" things have a long
history so everybody™ is used to them by now, and there are also often
some technical hurdles involved (if you take a look at the patch for the
above issue, it adds quite more lines than it removes).  So such things
tend to be addressed at a rather leisurely pace.

--
David Kastrup