Re: Repeat volta puzzle

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Repeat volta puzzle
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2014 14:14:27 +0000 (GMT)

----- Original Message -----
From: "ALAN ANDERSON" <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Sent: Saturday, February 1, 2014 1:33:12 PM
Subject: Repeat volta puzzle

Why does this segment go wrong in the second alternative? Is it to do with the
"partial"? I've tried all sorts of things!
Alan

\version "2.16.2"
\header { poet = \markup { \huge " " }
composer = " "
arranger = " "}
melody = \relative c' {
\clef treble
\key b \minor
\time 6/8

\repeat volta 2 { \partial 8*1 cis'8 b fis' b, a' b, fis' b, a' b, fis' e cis a
cis a e' cis fis e a fis e cis a b fis' b, a' b, fis' b, a' b, fis' e cis |}
\alternative {
{ a a' fis e cis a b4.~b4 | }
{ a'8 g fis e d cis b4.~b4 | }
}\bar "."
}
\score{
\new Staff \melody
\layout {%indent = #0
\context {
\Score
\remove "Bar_number_engraver"
\midi { }

Alan,

I must admit that I normally don't use barchecks myself.  I noticed that you
didn't use them at the ends of all the bars plus, as David K. has already
pointed out, some of them are not at barline boundaries.  He also recommended
upgrading to v2.18.  I'm still on 2.16 and after looking at your example I
wondered if this is what you meant:

%%%%%
\version "2.16.2"

\header {