Re: \partcombine with chordal instruments

From: Ed Gordijn
Subject: Re: \partcombine with chordal instruments
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2014 12:37:13 +0100

Hi,

I've been asked to typeset two guitar parts in an orchestral score. For
the full score the parts could be combined on one staff for which
\partcombine is good except where there are chords involved:
You could do something like:

\version "2.18.0"

guitarI = {

\partcombineUnisono

<e' a' e''>2. r4

\partcombineChords

<e' a' e''>2. r4

\partcombineAutomatic

}

guitarII = {

<e' a' e''>2. r4

<e' b' e''>2. r4

}

\partcombine \guitarI \guitarII

I don't know about the dots in the second chord. To me it seems ok,but I never play chords myself.

Greetings, Ed