Re: Layout issue when parsing line

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: Layout issue when parsing line
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2014 23:52:56 +0100

Hi Eluze,

thanks a lot!

> so here are some tweaks/overrides:
>
>   % move the glissando horizontally away from the starting note
>     \override Glissando.bound-details.left.padding = #3
>
>   % move the glissando horizontally towards the landing note
>     \override Glissando.bound-details.right.padding = #0

I have never used bound-details overrides. They seem to be usefult.
Thanks for the hint. This already answers what I wanted to ask in the
next question:

>> Is there a way in LP to say: I need more space here between these two
>> objects?
>
> and for this last question:
>
>   \override Glissando.minimum-length=15
>
> which only works if you also override springs-and-rods:
>
>   \override Glissando.springs-and-rods = #ly:spanner::set-spacing-rods

That helps to make the Glissando longer but not shorter (or like I put
it: more space between the objects (dot and glissando)). But the padding
above is fine.

Cheers,
Joram