Re: MuseScore Front End

From: Graeme Lee
Subject: Re: MuseScore Front End
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 13:17:47 +1100

Hi Ben.

It's stand-alone (like Sibelius/Finale).

I used it before I knew better, I mean, knew about Lilypond.

Graeme

On 4-Feb 13:08, SoundsFromSound wrote:
Hey everyone,

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question. I have never used MuseScore before
and I've looked into it quickly tonight. I'm confused about one aspect of it
- does it actually /use /LilyPond for it's engraving? Or is it a completely
separate and stand-alone engraving software that outputs on its own? I
didn't know if it was some sort of front end like Frescobaldi or simply not
Lily-/anything /at all.

Ben

-----
composer | sound designer