Re: Any Finale/Sibelius forum members here?

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Any Finale/Sibelius forum members here?
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 09:57:42 +0100

Please forward my answer:

I'm sorry, but we don't have enough resources to manage another means
of submitting scores. However, as written in the instructions, if you
really don't want to use Git you can send us your submission via
email.

I assure that using Git is the most professional way of collaborating
possible, and despite its apparent unfriendliness it's worth learning
(as we have experienced ourselves in a big, real-life project).  At
this very moment we're finishing a paper on this topic, and Urs had
written several posts about it on "Scores of Beauty" blog (for example
http://lilypondblog.org/2014/01/why-use-version-control-for-engraving-scores/).
In fact, participating in this contest is a good opportunity to learn
version control - we have spent *a lot* of time on streamlining the
process and preparing a friendly user guide, and we're willing to help
if you run into trouble.

We hope that later in the discussion of contest results the benefits
of version control will become obvious.

best wishes,
Janek