Re: Jagged hairpins

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Jagged hairpins
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 14:53:29 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "SoundsFromSound" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, February 04, 2014 2:28 PM

For these examples I was on Windows 7 using the Adobe Acrobat PDF printer
set to either 600 or 1200dpi, sorry I can't recall. These were done late
last night. But that's the only PDF printer option I use when printing to
PDF, regardless of program.

To add to what David says: I don't understand what you're talking about here either.

However, as is clear, LilyPond produces PDF files, and these then need to be rasterised to put dots on a page. So it's down to the engine you're using to do that rasterisation, rather than anything LilyPond is doing herself. If I use Photoshop as the rasteriser at 2400 dpi, I get the attached image, which does not show the jagged lines you apparently get.

--
Phil Holmes