Re: Jagged hairpins

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Jagged hairpins
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 14:54:46 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Noeck" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, February 04, 2014 2:24 PM

Hi,

I can’t tell you the reason and I don’t know how to solve it.

But here is another example:
http://lilypondblog.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/ornaments.png

It also shows that the rendering of symbols is not perfect in default
LilyPond. The Feta clef (left) gives a bad impression (visible pixels)
while the clef from a different font (Bravura, right) looks much
smoother. The same holds for all symbols in this comparison.

More infos: This was done with version 2.18, export as png with 150 dpi
(I know that it would look better with 300 or 600 dpi, but that’s not
the point.)

So I join the question: What is wrong here? How can it be improved?

Cheers,
Joram

Have a look at anti-alias-factor on http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/usage/command_002dline-usage

--