Re: Jagged hairpins

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: Jagged hairpins
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 17:08:03 +0100

Am 04.02.2014 16:05, schrieb SoundsFromSound:
> Sorry to confuse everyone. I must be doing something wrong when engraving to
> PDF via Frescobaldi (which is what I probably should have mentioned earlier,
> not "LilyPond") and via Finale 2014 (when using print to Adobe PDF printer).
> I'll take another look and try to figure out my errors.

Hi,

don’t be discouraged to ask! When working with Finale and Frescobaldi,
there are several steps from your input to the print out, that need to
be separated to find the reason.

Frescobaldi just uses LilyPond internally, so whether you push the
engraving button in Frescobaldi or you run lilypond on the commandline
should not make any difference to the quality.

I assume that's what you do:

a) Frescobaldi/LP -> pdf (L)
b) Finale 2014 --(Adobe PDF printer)--> pdf (F)

Then you compare compare both pdfs at screen resolution and you print
both with the same Adobe PDF reader?

If you zoom into both pdfs, do you see any jagged lines or are they only
visible at a normal zoom level (100%)?

Cheers,
Joram