Re: Jagged hairpins

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Jagged hairpins
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 12:09:14 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "SoundsFromSound" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2014 12:07 PM

Phil Holmes-2 wrote
----- Original Message ----- From: "SoundsFromSound" &lt;

soundsfromsound@

&gt;
To: &lt;

lilypond-user@

&gt;
Sent: Tuesday, February 04, 2014 8:49 PM

Sorry David, I don't understand. When I output a PDF of my LilyPond score
via Frescobaldi, I don't have any other options to set. I just pick PDF,
then I print it. The PDF has the jagged hairpins, even before I take that
PDF and actually print it to a laser printer from Acrobat. Doesn't that
imply I'm making the mistake in Frescobaldi / LilyPond, and not in Adobe?

OK.  Let me restate my earlier post.  Lilypond _does not_ produce PDFs
with
jagged hairpins. Did you see the image I posted? Was the hairpin jagged?

So - something between your PDF rasteriser and your printer is creating
jagged hairpins.  Posting raster images (PNGs) of some output does not
help
at all.  Could you provide a PDF with what you say is a jagged hairpin,
and
a scan of the printed output?  That way we can see what's actually going
on.

--
Phil Holmes