Re: Fwd: Re: Difficulties encountered while making snippets (to beused a

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: Difficulties encountered while making snippets (to beused as musical quotations inside an article)
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 13:24:17 -0000

Jean-Luc,

I like your method of drag-and-drop onto batch files: it's a very easy way to run lilypond in a Windows environment.

It looks to me like the command "-dbackend=eps" was mainly intended for lilypond-book (http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/usage/lilypond_002dbook) and hence performs the cropping you witness.  As you have found out, this is compatible with PNG output, but not SVG.  However, I would suggest that PNGs with higher DPI will be eminently suitable for any publication based on word: try experimenting with -dresolution= and -danti-alias-factor=.

As to your coding: I would strongly suggest you add -dgui to your batch file command line, and review the associated logfiles that will be produced.

Hope this helps.

--
Phil Holmes