Re: How to revert an override in partcombine

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: How to revert an override in partcombine
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 17:33:30 +0000 (UTC)

Ed Gordijn <ed.klarinet <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I use an override in partcombine to ignore collisions. But how do I
> revert this again?

Revert the next time that \partcombine output has the same
configuration of Voices.

As the two parts change in relation to each other, the part-combiner
sometimes routes them in to one Voice, sometimes into separate Voices.

Most overrides change a setting of the current Voice, so if you override
while voices are separate, you change the way separate voices are set,
but the next music in unison is unaffected.

Overrides apply to at the moment of the next note, so an override
immediately before \partcombineAutomatic applies to the first note
that goes into the automatically-chosen configuration of Voices.

So you have to change your overrides that apply to Voices
the next time those Voices are in use.

musicII =  \relative g' {
  \partcombineApart
    \override Voice.NoteColumn.ignore-collision =##t
    g1~
    g1
  \partcombineAutomatic
  g2 g
  \partcombineApart
  \override Voice.NoteColumn.ignore-collision =##f
    g2 e