RE: Horizontalized scores

From: Chris Crossen
Subject: RE: Horizontalized scores
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 16:32:40 -0700

From: address@hidden [mailto:lilypond-address@hidden] On Behalf Of Erik Linde
Sent: Friday, February 07, 2014 11:24
To: address@hidden
Subject: Horizontalized scores

Hi,

I am the creator of Notezilla, a popular (and fairly new) web application that allows users to both listen to classical music, as well as see a scrolling representation of the score that has been synced exactly to the recording.

A big thing for us is being able to generate horizontal scores, ie scores where there are no line breaks or page breaks. This allows us and our users to enjoy a very constant visual flow of the music without skipping around too much. LilyPond is an integral component for us when it comes to generating these scores, as it is very important to us that the music looks and feels like "real" sheet music - this is one of the primary reasons for why we love LilyPond.

Erik,

Your site is very impressive.

I am also generating single, continuous line scores with Lilypond and am wondering what you use to extract your images from PDF.

I was originally using Adobe Acrobat and a plug-in to extract .png images from the .pdf. But, as you may have discovered, Acrobat has a 200-inch width limitation.

I am currently using Foxit Reader to view and check my very wide PDFs and GIMP-2 to extract the images from the PDF.

Do you mind telling me what you use?

Thanks,
Chris Crossen