Re: frescobaldi macports broken after update

From: Davide Liessi
Subject: Re: frescobaldi macports broken after update
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 13:54:10 +0100

Dear all,

> If Frescobaldi already runs and I doubleclick a .ly file, it opens correctly.
> But if FB is not yet running, it just starts, but doesn’t open the file.
>
> The FB icon in Finder doesn’t accept any files, just in the dock. But if the
> app isn’t running, dragging on the dock icon just brings FB to front.
>
> I use today’s MacPorts dev version on OSX 10.9.

As I suspected, this problem probably concerns only 10.9.
I noticed today that there has been a recent update of py2app (the
program used to create the application bundle) that corrects also this
problem.
>From the change log: "Fixed argv emulator on OSX 10.9, the way the
code detected that the application was launched through the Finder
didn't work on that OSX release."

Please try this to upgrade your installation (including py2app) and
reinstall frescobaldi(-devel):
sudo port selfupdate
sudo port upgrade outdated
sudo port uninstall active and name:frescobaldi
sudo port install frescobaldi # or frescobaldi-devel, as you prefer

Then please test Frescobaldi's behaviour and let me know:
> if you either
> - drag and drop a ly file (or any text file, for what is worth) over the icon
> of Frescobaldi in the Dock, or
> - right-click on a ly file and choose "Open with..." > "Frescobaldi
> ([version])", or
> - double-click on a ly file associated with Frescobaldi (to associate a file:
> right-click on the file, choose "Get Info" and choose "Frescobaldi
> ([version])" in the "Open with..." dropdown list),
> then Frescobaldi should start, if it is not already running, and open the
> file.

Best wishes.
Davide