Re: Lines and Ties and Slurs oh my!

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Lines and Ties and Slurs oh my!
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2014 12:54:35 -0500

Hello all,

> The question is always to get someone to do it.

I’ve know someone at Carnegie-Mellon University who is well-connected in the
computer and music departments (he is both a composer and a programmer). I
approached him recently with the idea of getting involved with Lilypond.

He said:

> One possibility is that sometimes there are software engineering projects
> looking for tasks, so I might be able to point a class project at Lilypond in
> the future.
> I'm curious if there's a short summary of the direction for large-scale work
> on Lilypond.

Is there something we can forward to him, so that he can take it to his
department and/or colleagues for consideration? If we could convince a major
university to take on [some or all of the] programming — for single projects or
the whole enchilada — I think it would be a big boost to the ‘Pond.

Cheers,
Kieren.