Re: Goldberg Variations for Guitar Ensemble

From: steve
Subject: Re: Goldberg Variations for Guitar Ensemble
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 15:11:51 -0500

> Terrific work Steve. I love the idea of dividing it into duos, trios and
> quartets.
> Can I pass the URL along to others, or is the announcement just meant for
> list members?

       Yes, allocating the appropriate resources to each variation
is, I believe,  the best way to preserve the structure(s) of the work.

        I have this posted on imslp.org and intend for it to be
distributed as widely as possible under Creative Commons by-sa 3.0

        Feel free to pass the URL to others. I think the notes and other
fundamentals are in good shape, and working to make the engraving
as good as possible.

         Of course, I encourage you and others to perform the work ;-).
The LilyPond engraving is a beautiful work of art in its own
right, but the greatest art is the music itself.

        We will be performing at least 7 or 8 variations at our annual guitar
weekend on April 12. Ultimately I, would like to see all of the
variations recorded, along with the individual parts for study and
practice..

 -steve