Re: just a frustrated yop...

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: just a frustrated yop...
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 11:31:06 +0100

> On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 2:50 AM, Kieren MacMillan
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>> There are very few out there who are pushing her farther, or promoting her
>> more enthusiastically, than I.
>
> Hi Kieren,
> (at least) two can play this game :-)
>
>> All we would need -- as I've suggested many times in the past -- is a
>> setting which said "this grob can move left/right/up/down to avoid
>> collisions"

IMO this is possible but too computationally expensive unless you
explicitly mark single grobs to let him move. Which is not a big step
forward.

> And another thing -- totally unrelated this time -- I've been wishing
> for, would be that the determination of stem direction would be made
> more intelligent and context-aware; for example the following example
> would look a tad better if all the stems were printed upwards:
> \relative c' {
>   g' a b a g8 a b a g2
> }
> (I'll be adding that to the tracker if I'm told there's something that
> can reasonably be expected here.)

I really believed lily already did this. In fact, that's what lilypond
page in Spahish wikipedia says. Where did this come from? I must have
been dreaming.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com