Re: notes fixed alignment for rhytmic notation

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: notes fixed alignment for rhytmic notation
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 06:58:43 -0600

Hi Carlo,

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 6:39 AM, Carlo Vanoni <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi everyone!

I need to write some rhytmic exercises for my students. I would like to align the notes in the various lines not for the "best fit" output, but aligning the notes duration.
In each line, a given note duration uses a fixed amount of space, resulting in a notes alignment that give a good "visual idea" of where (or better, when) a note must be played inside the measure

It sounds like you're looking for "proportional notation."  See  http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/proportional-notation
for documentation of the various spacing options.

HTH,
David